Tuesday, August 7, 2007

T-30 Days and Counting....

Yep. That's right. A month more to go.

Prep's not been satisfying. I have not been able to get in as much time as I wanted to but there has been progress since last time.

I did some CR and RC from OG and am comfortable with the results. I have a good accuracy rate in both of these but, pardon the cliche, there is still room for improvement. I still need to work on SC.

DS is still niggling me. There is a pattern emerging though - I screw up the questions around Inqeualities and Number Theory. I need to get my basics right in these areas and that's part of the reason I have started to focus on Math. I am working my way through NOVA's Math and plan to switch over to OG Math and then finally OG DS. I am hoping that the extra hours on Math will boost my DS score in addition to my general Math score.

On the buying front, I have still not managed to get a copy of Kaplan. All bookstores in my city are out of stock! Can you believe that? Gawd, seems like everyone in town is writing GMAT. I did manage to get some Kaplan and Manhnttan questions downloaded from esnips.com, but haven't had the time to go through them.

As I had indicated before, I went out an bought the Mc-Graw Hill GMAT book. I'll use it only for the 6 tests.

All-in-all, things are moving. But not at the pace at which I'd like them to. So, to add some traction to the prep, I'll take a three weeks off from work starting next weekend.

This is my last shot and I'll sure as hell give it everything I've got.

No comments: