Sunday, August 12, 2007

Its a 550 :(

Just completed the Kaplan CAT. Got a 550. Current mood: not too happy, and strangely not too sad either.

I kind of knew that the Kaplan test was going to be tough and on an average it would be safe to add 100 to the Kaplan score to scale it up to the actual GMAT score. So, yes, in a sense I was prepared for a low score. And I have not let that dampen my spirits.

But still there are somethings that I have gotten out of this test. 

1. Need to improve my speed in Math. I actually didn't finish the section even after randomly guessing the last 5 questions. I spent an awful amount of time(going upto 6 mins) on some DS questions. I need to speed up in this section.

2. DS is still a pain. Need to work more on it.

3. Messed up RC due to lack of concentration.

4. CR is looking good. SC is looking OK too. Need to keep up the practice so that I don't slip here.

5. Need to start looking into the AWA section.


There it is. So-so in the end. Even if I add the 100, I land up at 650, which is a marginal improvement from the 620 I got in the GMAT prep test a couple of weeks ago. I have three more Kaplan tests to complete and ideally I should cross 650 with the last one - ATLEAST.

So the mantra would be:
1. Focus on Math. Specifically on DS. Get the speed up.
2. Concentrate while doing RC
3. CR and SC are looking good. Keep it going.
4. Next target - 700

 Back to work now. 


No comments: